SMS message or text message marketing is surely a hot topic now for good reason. Messages are read by people more frequently than emails.
SMS message marketing is a new marketing channel for many businesses for the last few years. If you never tried this, that’s because you might not have heard about its uses before or have the wrong idea regarding SMS message marketing. If you use it properly, you can find it as the best opportunity and an effective tool to win a huge audience that includes the younger generation too.
What is SMS Marketing?
SMS is a short form for “short message service.” you could send messages within mobiles or through a computer to a phone. SMS marketing implicates delivering marketing messages to consumers through text messages. Here are the tips that need to be in your message to enhance your SMS marketing campaigns.
Calls-to-action powers your customer engagement by the SMS marketing texts. Although, that’s what business needs – engagement. So, your people can see the value in texts and read them, act or interact with them too.
Here are few call-to-action tricks to play:
- Asking consumers to show the text for earning a discount is an effective and best way to engage consumers in the promotion. Example – “Show this text for a 30% discount for your next order at the store’.
- At times you don’t get much space to write all the information in the text that your customer needs. Maybe you are releasing new products or services, you want to add a link to the products or website to see all the details about them. In such cases, a “Click here” offers a link to the crucial details.
- Many consumers like to get a shot to win gifts or prizes from your brand. Asking people to text for entering the contest can enhance consumer interactions. If you aren’t offering sales or organizing events, Text-to-Win can be a way to remind consumers of your presence.
- Engage your audience through mobile polling and find how your brand and products are doing through text-to-vote.
- A perfect CTA button to target consumers. If you know your customers buy a specific product. Send them a text with the product as well as a “Buy now” button so they can easily make a purchase.
2. Less is sweet
Anything more than required or enough leads to an end. An SMS frequency is suggested to be just 4-5 messages per month then increases to 10 a month slowly. If your long message offers some real value you don’t need to worry much. But, you need to monitor unsubscribe to boost churn rate and discover the soft spot for the subscribers.
It is even better to add frequency in the welcome message that makes your users know when they can expect you:
In terms of message length, go with a sweet and short text. Many carriers just restrict the text message length to 160 characters. State the value upfront, with a clear call to action, then even utilize a URL shortener as bit.ly or goo. gl.
3. Go with personalization
As we all know, the world is running with good customized tactics. When you make it personal for your consumer’s people surely love it. SMS marketing offers your business a different alternative to personalize texting and engage with people through one-on-one messaging. Reap the benefits from this and make sure your consumers feel a special contact, not as another line for just a mailing list. People like to get customized messages and are likely to move to the sales funnel.
Here are the things to add personalization in SMS marketing:
- Try to add the consumer name in messages and just utilize the primary name to keep messages informal
- Add customer activity such as your recent purchase, reminders, and shipping update.
- Customize your SMS that caters to the geographic area and add a reference to local sports teams like the weather.
Try to segment the consumer’s list so specific consumers get related messages. If you send promos to consumers who bought a group of products, as shirts. Or to consumers who purchased a certain product, like striped shirts.
4. Experiment with your Delivery
Although, your consumers see their phones every time and have it 24/7 with them. They never like to get disruptive messages during holidays, meals, or at night while they are sleeping. Delivering messages at the perfect time makes sure your consumers read them. Timing shows a positive consumer experience as your messages are delivered at convenient times.
Also, test the campaign success by metrics, like click-through rates and open rates, and identify the top consumers. Utilize your user data, location, and market, to customize text delivery times. Send the messages depending upon a certain time zone and areas where your consumers live. Then the offers get them when they are receptive. The best time to deliver mobile messages is within the hours of noon or 3 p.m.
5. Add an Opt-Out Option
By law, you need to access people and understand how they could stop getting your messages. In many situations, you could add directions to the message. Such as “text STOP for opting-out”.
You must analyze and monitor your results so you can ensure you are sending the related information to related consumers. Track the metrics like conversions, click-through rates, and open rates, and those who pick to opt-out from your service.
6. Provide value
You need to provide some value with text messages. Unless you are their favorite and popular brand, your subscribers weren’t curious to hear from you.
Use SMS marketing to provide exclusive deals, access to free products, and early access to promotions. If people enabled you to enter their mobile number, you need to offer something significant in return, right? If you provide considerable perks, you can create an organic list.
The more time you invest in honing your skills, the more interaction you can elicit through your community. If you are thinking of interacting more with consumers and enhancing business sales SMS marketing services can help you. Hope these tricks will do wonders for your SMS marketing.